Join us at the October 23d meeting for an entertaining and informative talk by General Ulysses S. Grant about the Vicksburg Campaign – his most brilliant military victory. Well, it’s not really General Grant himself, but you will be hard pressed to tell the difference.
Dr. Curt Fields portrayed Grant at the Sesquicentennial celebrations of Fort Donelson, Shiloh, Vicksburg and Appomattox. Among his many other appearances are:
- as General Grant in the Visitors Center films shown at Appomattox National Historic Park and the Dover Hotel in Fort Donelson National Battlefield;
- as the official Grant for the U. S. Grant Boyhood Home Association in Georgetown, Ohio.
- portraying President Grant for the opening and dedication of the Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library at Mississippi State University on November 30, 2017
- portraying General Grant at West Point (at the USMA request) in January 2019, to kick off their “semester of Grant” celebration prior to erecting a statue of him on the plain, April 25, 2019;
- performing (with Thomas Jessee as General Lee) the two-man presentation “Appomattox: The Last 48 Hours” on the front porch of the McLean house, April 13, 2019, for the 154th anniversary
- featured by the Battlefield Trust website as General Grant describing his life in the ‘Civil War in Four Minutes’ 1IN4 series
He most recently was in town to make a presentation to the 2019 National Civil War Roundtable Congress at the Missouri Civil War Museum about Grant’s time in St. Louis before the war.
Join us for a Friendly & Fun Evening of Civil War History!
Doors open at 5:30
Meal served at 6:30
Presentation at 7:30
We meet at:
ROYALE ORLEANS BANQUET CENTER
2801 Telegraph Road
Mehlville (St Louis), MO 63125
Dinner and Presentation
Members . . . . . . . . . . . . .$20.00 (each)
Students (under 21). . . . . $7.00 (each)
Guests & Others . . . . . . . $25.00 (each)
Members who do not make an advance dinner reservation will be charged $25.00
Members/Students . . . . . $ 5.00 (each)
Guests & Others . . . . . . . $10.00 (each)
NOTE: We accept all major credit/debit cards, cash, and checks at our meetings.
Please note – there is a $14.00 per person charge for anyone who registers for dinner and does not show up. No refunds unless we are notified by 5 p.m. on Sunday prior to the meeting.